[meteorite-list] meteorites and eclipses

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 20:15:08 -0800 (PST)

Hi List,

I did something odd this evening, don't ask me why. I
recalled that a part end cut of NWA 5000 had an
ablation hole in it. I took the piece and watched the
full lunar eclipse through it. What an experience,
looking at the Moon through a piece of the Moon and an
eclipse to top it off. This is an experience I will
not soon forget.

Mike, it is funny that you would mention NWA 482 and a
full lunar eclipse. I was thinking about that
earlier. It is interesting that you did not even know
it was lunar when you purchased it during the the
eclipse. I guess NWA 482 was destined for greatness
from the second it was purchased. Another first, a
lunar meteorite purchased during a lunar eclipse.

Best Regards,

Adam