[meteorite-list] "not the best place to hunt meteorites"

From: Lasse Lindh <3l_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 22:53:37 +0100

Thanks Mike

It's no problem that the magnets should attract each other and cause
collisions. Mine is very strong and will sit tightly on the metal bar
with 140 lbs pressure. Sideways they are quite weak. I also secure them
with duck tape. Not so much to secure them, but as a pure protection
against wear and tear.

It's an interesting complement tool to metal detectors and properly used
it can surely vacuum the surface of meteorites, at least the ones with
metal content. We have to find a way to hunt those that are
non-metallic. That's a challenge...

Regards

Lasse