[meteorite-list] Find in Algonia, Wisconsin, in 1887?

From: Ken Newton <magellon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 16:02:15 -0500

Hi Chris,
The Algoma meteorite is at the University of Wisconsin:

Meteorites
Near the entrance to the museum a meteorite display includes many
examples from Wisconsin including the Trenton meteorite (1858), the
Algoma meteorite (found in 1887) and the Kilborn meteorite (1916). Both
stony and iron meteorites are on exhibit, including specimens from
Argentina, Namibia and a large (300 lb) piece of the Canyon Diablo
meteorite from Holbrook, Arizona (25,000 - 50,000 years ago).

(http://www.geology.wisc.edu/~museum/exhibits.html)

Best,
ken newton