[meteorite-list] Carancas crater

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 12:20:43 -0800 (PST)

Mike,

I do not understand why this hashed out thread was
started again by you as it is barely worthy of the
bandwidth. I am not the one who started the impact pit
versus crater debate months ago. I expressed my
opinion at the time so why am I being the target of
this immature string about who is right or wrong?

I conceded months ago that Carancas could be called a
crater. My initial problem came from reading old
books including some of Ninninger's works that tried
to define some craters as impact pits. Apparently,
unpublished modern terms define craters more precisely
but a lot of haze still exists. It is not about who
is right or wrong. It is about defining terms through
debate. The tone of your posts is argumentative as far
as I am concerned and not worthy of more posts as this
subject has already been beaten to death. Lets just
call it a muddy hole in the gound created by a
meteorite and be done with it.

Best Regards,

Adam