[meteorite-list] Carancas crater

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 11:58:59 -0800 (PST)

Tim, it is somewhere in the 10 kilo range, giv or take
a kilo. Of the 10 kilos I know of, about 6 kilograms
was fine dust in baggies. Hans Koser has this
material, he was trying to sell it at the Tucson show.
Moritz Karl and I bought the other ~3 kilos he had,
and most of that is sold now. I have less than 400
grams of material left for sale. Calr Esparza in
Tucson got around 1.4 kilo with Bob Haag, I bought all
of Bob's share from him.
There is about a kilo in a museum in La Paz, Bolivia.
So around 12 kilos is my estimate of total material
recovered.
Michael Farmer