[meteorite-list] Simple mapping software? (A little OT)

From: mexicodoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 00:18:26 -0600

Super! Nice and useful improvements for the US in the MetSoc-USGS
interactive database, and as a footnote I see that Wold meteorite that lit a
fire under the English is safely landed and the rest history...One of these
days we'll be meteorite hunting off the crystal clear and resolved images of
the USGS website from the comfort of our computer screens at this rate of
emprovement!

Meanwhile back on the farm, this woodpecker is typing away and just changed
this sample meteorite map using the DIY Map software of the UK/Ireland/IOM
added some lame meteorite icons (kinda liked the yellow ball icons better,
though), and some serious clickable links to every fall that transport you
to the correct USGS-MetSoc page - and of course pulled Wold Cottage out of
the Sea: Click here to see how it shaped up:
http://www.glorietamountain.com

Best wishes,
Doug