[meteorite-list] I will no longer ship to Italy using paypal

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:09:14 -0800 (PST)

List members, I don't know about others, but myself
and Robert Ward have both been ripped off by
paypal/Italian buyers lately.

In the last few months, I have had 5 ebay items lost
on the way to Italy and claims filed, where paypal
took my money automatically.
I will no longer ship anything to Italy using paypal,
any orders from Italy must be paid for with cash or
international postal money order. Then I will ship, so
that if the items are stolen by corrupt Italian postal
workers, that is not my problem.

This has become so common, that either all packages to
Italy are stolen, or Italian ebay buyers are on to the
paypal scam and get the items, then claim refunds.
Anyone else having this problem lately?
Michael Farmer