[meteorite-list] QMIG update

From: Bob WALKER <qwalkra2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 17:28:51 +1000

Listoids

QMIG update http://qmig.org mirror http://qmig.net

Its always pleasing to look in your letter box and find new stones waiting
for you...

I've put some pics up of a gorgeous 220 g Tenham individual that was lurking
in my letter box - I admit to being a sucker for Tenham - In my opinion it
is the "signature" meteorite of Queensland and holds a special place in my
heart - this one is a typical Tenham slab with a hint of thumbprinting -
note to self... DO NOT CUT THIS ONE

You may have read in the news about the Queensland floods - the Tenham
strewnfield is under water pro tem - collecting can still be done if you
have snorkelling or scuba gear... the flooding should recede in a week or
so...

Its left to be seen if the end result of the receding waters will expose
more stones... the claypans will shift and contract so maybe just maybe it
is a collecting bonanza again...

I'll be away for a few months - I will try and clear email as and when I am
able - I'm frantically running around trying to get some of the last few
polished thin-sections I need to help with the classification of some of the
new finds - one of the new Ingella stones may be paired - maybe not - wait
and see

Many many projects will proceed on automatic pilot while I am away - I hope
to have yet more new finds and other exciting news once I return in April
and settle back in

For those going to Tucson - enjoy - snaffle some Maroo, Mungindi,
Tookabarnoo, Whitula Creek and Wynella for me...

Cheers