[meteorite-list] TKW help -- Kem Kem??

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 17:21:07 +0000

I was given to understand that Kem Kem was one of those "placeholder" provisional names given to a meteorite that had not been classified. Since there were a number of gray areas regarding TKW, find location, and if all the pieces submitted as "Kem Kem" actually were from the same strewnfield, it had never received an official number or classification. I bought a partslice when it was new, unclassified, and all over the market, and would be tickled pink but surprised if it were a eucrite (mine looks like a generic L6).

Tracy Latimer