[meteorite-list] AD: NEW METEORITE FROM NEW MEXICO-LA LUZ and 40% off on select Items ....

From: michael cottingham <mikewren_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 00:43:16 -0600

Hello,

Take a look at my latest meteorite recovery- LA LUZ, New Mexico.

The LA LUZ Meteorite. While searching for arrowheads, one stone meteorite
weighing 4.798kg was found by Ronnie Nowell, near La Luz, New Mexico in
2007. This meteorite has been classified by The University of New Mexico as
an H4 Chondrite, with a Shock Stage of S2 and a Weathering Grade of W3.

Most of this meteorite material is remaining in the main mass and Only about
600 grams are being released to the collecting community.

One of the researchers had this to say about the La Luz Meteorite:

"The sample is composed of ~50% well-defined chondrules set in a clastic
matrix of silicates and opaques. Chondrules mostly range in size from 50 to
400 mm; rare chondrules are 600 mm to 1 mm in diameter. Olivine is the most
common mafic silicate in the sample but some low-Ca pyroxene is also
present. Several types of chondrules are present including barred olivine,
porphyritic olivine, radial pyroxene, and compound. In plane polarized
light the entire section is stained brownish-red. Oxidation is mostly in
veins and matrix but silicates also have a reddish staining. Few metal
grains are visible in reflected light. Most olivine grains exhibit sharp
optical extinction, but a few show undulatory extinction." UNM

Also, I am having a 40% off sale on select items in my ebay store.

Go to:

http://stores.ebay.com/VOYAGE-BOTANICA-NATURAL-HISTORY

Thanks and Best Wishes

Michael Cottingham