[meteorite-list] Foote Recovery Auction

From: JKGwilliam <h3chondrite_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 08:22:22 -0700

Hello List,
I'd like to add just one more thing to Maria's list of auction items.
I personally added one more auction with four meteorite specimens
being sold together. Bilanga 4.7g part slice with crust and
inclusions; Homestead, Iowa, a fall from 1875; Monze 9.4g part end
piece. It also is a fall and the only meteorite from Zambia to boot.
And finally, a 55.5g slice of SaU001. Yeah, I know there's a ton of
this stuff, but this piece has a very nice iron sulfide inclusion.
One more thing. The proceeds of this auction will go to Maria to
cover the costs of Shipping and Handling of the items she must mail
out to the auction sinners. In her haste to get the auction up and
running, she ( and I) forgot to specify who would pay the
shipping. After the items have all been shipped out, Maria will send
the rest of the funds on to the Foote family.

Take a look here. <http://www.meteoriteimpact.com/footeauction.htm>
then click on the link toward the bottom of the page for SandH Auction.

Best,

John Gwilliam