[meteorite-list] Foote Recovery Auction

From: Maria Haas <dragonsoup_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 18:31:29 -0700

Hello Everyone,

Just a reminder that the Foote Recovery auctions end this Wednesday and Thursday. See them all at http://www.meteoriteimpact.com/footeauction.htm

HH's SCIENCE magazine is from April 7, 1961, is footnoted on the cover in HH's handwriting and the original mailing label addressed to him is still attached. This is a $200 item and it's currently at only $50! You can see it at http://www.meteoriteimpact.com/sciencemagazine.htm

Carancas Roof Smasher Package with pieces of the meteorite, impact material, an actual bent piece of roof(!), and a photo of the damaged structure. It's currently at only $30! http://www.meteoriteimpact.com/Carancas_roof.htm

Libyan Desert Glass with a hole is at just $50!
http://www.meteoriteimpact.com/Libyan%20Desert%20Glass.htm

Jerry Armstrong's Tagish Lake original oil on canvas painting--
http://www.meteoriteimpact.com/tagishlakepainting.htm

Oriented 869 with frothy bubbles--
http://www.meteoriteimpact.com/nwa869shield.htm

91.2 gram Vaca Muerta individual--
http://www.meteoriteimpact.com/Vacamuerta-foote.htm

Incredible 167.2 gram Bassikounou fragment--
http://www.meteoriteimpact.com/bassikounou.htm

We had a new donation today (I just can't say 'No') of a Lafayette, Indiana Nakhlite micro which will be up on the website tonight.

Thank you to everyone who have shown their support through donations and bidding. This means a lot to Gary & CJ. :)

Please feel free to contact me with questions.

Maria