[meteorite-list] FW: Comment and reply to Tunguska "crater" paper now available online

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 19:38:55 +0000

I wonder if this paper and associated comments might deserve a revisit in light of what happened at the Carancas impact site. I wasn't able to determine if any of the findings from that crater were used to examine this potential crater as far as the mechanics of producing it -- the Carancas event certainly turned the mechanics of stony body hypervelocity impacts on its ear!

BTW, I was having trouble downloading the PDF versions of the papers, but was easily able to download the web page versions. All the PDFs came up as "error -- this file is damaged and cannot be repaired." Probably my overzealous NoScript program making sure they weren't malicious.

All in all, fascinating reading, and thank you for posting it.

Best!
Tracy Latimer