[meteorite-list] HERITAGE AUCTION / BONHAMS AUCTION

From: Darryl Pitt <darryl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 22:41:56 -0400

hi there!

a few words....

HERITAGE

there was interest in most specimens but participation was thin and
the bidding by mostly lone buyers was largely against reserves.

at the same time, it really must be noted that non-natural history
auctions were also weak this past weekend. i believe this is in part
a reflection of the economic news which occurred on friday: a 400
point drop in the DJIA and the $10/barrel jump in oil---the largest
single incremental jump on record. a lot of folks just didn't show up.

BONHAMS

separately, i've received several emails as it regards LOT 4423 in
the june 22nd bonhams' sale.

PLEASE NOTE: i am no longer responsible for vetting all the
meteorites in bonhams' sales, and yes, i agree LOT 4423 does not
appear to be a sikhote-alin. given what is, at best, an inexplicably
anomalous presentation for a sikhote-alin (and the seed-of-doubt that
such offerings create), i strongly suggested to bonhams that this
consignment be pulled from the june 22nd sale.

apart from the foregoing, there are many terrific meteorites in this
collection.

thank you.

all best / darryl