[meteorite-list] New Ebay caution!OT

From: Mr EMan <mstreman53_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 20:16:23 -0700 (PDT)

I had a collision with the Flea-Bay monster last week that should give all pause if they ever think of letting a friend or employee use their own computer to " check a few auctions".

My eBay account was suspended because I had an "associate" who's account was suspended. Associate means in this case anyone that has ever used my computer. But to ebay it also means your roommate, family member, kid across the street pirating your WiFi connection, anonomous user at the public library where you stopped to used a computer on a cross country trip.

Two months ago she was here working for me and I only had one internet conncection so we shared one computer. She was in good standing with Fleabay then a week ago she was suspended for slow paying. Ebay's shild bidding routines noticed that she had used several computers in the past and suspended all the accounts that ever shared those computers.

Notice under Fleabay it makes no difference of int