[meteorite-list] Ensisheim latest news

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Zelimir.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 19:21:25 +0200

Hi all,

As you know the Ensisheim festivities "and related" will start in about one
week from now.

All is almost set regarding the table rentings and there seems to be a rush
in reservations for the Friday dinenr-party.

May I ask those who still wish to attend the dinner party to let me know
(within the next 2 days!) their wish to participate and how many people
would attend.
Tables (and food) must be reserved!

Here is, for your best consideration (and speculation) the (provisional)
list of dealers (random order) who firmly reserved tables:

Peter Marmet & Marc Jost (CH)
Mirko Graul (D)
Mike Farmer (US) & Moritz Karl (D)
Hanno Strufe (D)
J?rgen Nauber (CH)
Nicolas Zylbermann (F) (new guest)
Martin Altmann & Stefan Ralew (Chladni's Heirs)
Peter Kummel (D)
Gilles Donin (F)
Rainer Hobein (D)
Aitaziz Junghans (D)
Mohammed Igoui (MC) (new guest)
Philippe Thomas & Lea Dejouy (F)
Erich Haiderer (A)
Giorgio & Lina Tomelleri (I)
Sidi Mohammed Ismaily (MC)
Anne Black/John Kashuba (US)
Sergey Vasiliev (RU-CZ)
Uwe & Ewa Eger (D)
Ali & Mohamed Hmani (MC)
Hans Koser (UY)
Gregor Pacer (D)
Siegfried Haberer (D)
Jiri Simek (CZ)
M. Ivanov/A. Ivanova/I. Kladchenko/I. Sakonkina (newcomers from Lithuania)
Daniel Rousseaux & Pascal Arnould (F) (new guests)
J.L. Parodi a Annick Guesslain (F)
Andi Gren (D)
Jim Tan Kiat Beng (SN) & Chan Shi Rong (CN) (new guests from Singapour/China)
Thomas Dehner (D)
M. Cimala (PL)

Hey, did I forgot someone ?

I have no news from our current "Russian Clan" (Dima Sadilenko & friends).
Glad if they can read me or if someone can contact them, their tables are
(so far still) reserved.
Ahmed Pani (last year dealer) seems impossible to reach....

I have a small waiting list for tables, should the above cited folks either
not come nor be able to reach me to quench their places.

  Last minute dealers without tables can always show up on Friday and/or
Saturday morning but I can't guarantee them a table so far.

Those wo had to give up this time but promise to be with us in 2009 (10th
anniversary of the event!):
Bruno & Carine, S. Derecki, F. Kuntz, Aziz Habibi.

I expect, as every year, a large bunch of famous people just visiting the
show, coming from all over the world.
Should anybody need info or specific (but serious) help regarding the show
visit, please contact me, although I may not always be avilable on the mail
from next week on (we have a scientific symposium organized here in our
laboratory so I can someytimes be in contact on erratic hours...)

Enthroned as meteorite guardians this year will be:
Svend Buhl (D)
Mike Farmer (US)
John Kashuba (US)
Philippe Schmitt-Kopplin (D)
Hans Koser (UY)

 From 2009 on, the number of new enthroned guardians will drop to two! I'll
comment these new rules another time...

Sergey Vassiliev kindly offered to bring along a significant number of
superb museum grade meteorites from Prague for the thematic exhibit.
A few more promised to bring a few more. I may complete with more of my
(modest) samples.
A last minute call for more samples still holds. Offers welcome!

Should anybody still need basic info, please have a look at our 2 web sites:
http://meteorite.ensisheim.free.fr
or
www.ville-ensisheim.fr
or ask me to send you personally the last circular.

In one week from now the big & funny blast will start folks!
Hope finding time to see you all!

Thanks for reading, be happy and enjoy,

Zelimir

Prof. Zelimir Gabelica