[meteorite-list] NASA Phoenix Lander Bakes Sample, Arm Digs Deeper

From: mexicodoug at aim.com <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 20:30:00 -0400

"I guess that means only 8 experiments and then it becomes a high
dollar garbage can.."

Pete, "only?" "high dollar garbage can?"?? That sounds a bit too
aggressive of a criticism for my taste in light of the historic
accomplishments in progress on the frigid Polar surface of Mars.

Have you ever cleaned out an oven? Decontaminated it without having
any water or liquids? I guess NASA preferred not to wrap the baked
goods in aluminum baggies and not make the Mars under the lander a
garbage heap of disposable crap and contaminating solvents. I'm not
critical of that.

I don't what you are thinking, but 8 oven cycles sounds like 8 times
infinity more quality oven time than "we" had before.

Best wishes,
Doug
PS Speaking about learning to clean out the oven, I recommend to you
the comedy movie, "A Day without a Mexican", and think Mars instead of
California :) If that is too testy, how 'bout "To Build a Fire" by
Jack London?