[meteorite-list] NASA Phoenix Lander Bakes Sample, Arm Digs Deeper

From: Pete Shugar <pshugar_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 21:21:00 -0500

I agree that we have learned tons more than what we did know.
What I am wondering is if the lander can move to new locations or
will it be only at this one location. Otherwise we will learn a lot
about a very small patch of Mars. I think the other 2 rovers will provide
more science due to examining many places instead of just the one small
patch of Mars that will checked. I agree it will be very a intensive
in depth look at a small spot.
It may sound as an aggressive criticism for your taste, but that is a
truth.
If the Lander could move to new locations and dump it's ovens for
use in new experiments we would have generated a larger amount of
science.
Maybe it's just that I'm not as up on this probe as I am on the other two.
Pete