[meteorite-list] meteorites vs meteoritic shale and Ebay Dealer wannabes.

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 01:56:08 -0800

Sorry for the burn,
        I suggest the following:
1) If you paid via PayPal, dispute the payment.
2) No - shale is shale and iron is iron.
3) If he has an IMCA #, Complain to the organization and
Request an intervention - I believe they provide this, though
It may be called "mediation" or the like. If not, request that
His membership be questioned on the basis of your interaction.
4) If he is not an established dealer AND not an IMCA dealer,
Why did you buy from him? By now you know the old saying....
"buy only from established dealers."
        Again, sorry for the problems.
        PS: This is one of those examples of why I HATE eBay "feedback" -
If you give him a negative, he will give you one and you are screwed
For life - so the whole feedback routine on eBay is a crock for my $.
        Best wishes, Michael