[meteorite-list] 3/4/2008 S.R.P.O.T.D.

From: Don Rawlings <psc2410xi_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 07:04:21 -0800 (PST)

Bob,

I think that is the point of how all this got started.
 That photo in RSPOTD does not show the orientation of
the meteorite. Dave graciously pointed us all to his
website for more photos.

So it is possible that the ebay dealer wantabees could
use that photo as proof that the meteorite collector
list endorces an angular meteorite as orientated.

I believe that the whole point Elton's original post
and my original post was questioning the orientation
of the meteorite as shown in the photo.

Don

--- bobe5531 at comcast.net wrote:

> Orientation is the most misused term in the
> Meteorite community. Orientation is a very obvious
> result of stabilized flight. There are very clear
> signs of this which you should be very aware of
> already.
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

Don Rawlings