[meteorite-list] Impact times

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 09:33:53 -0600

> The only timed event that I can think of that was accurately timed was
> the Shoemaker-Levy
> comet impact on Jupiter.

Yeah, but that's an entirely different sort of parent than anything
we've seen on Earth, since it was fragmented into a long chain of
components _before_ it encountered Jupiter's atmosphere. AFAIK no
meteorites are associated with bodies that were fragmented in space, and
only a few meteors have been observed that appear to be from such
bodies.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory