[meteorite-list] Tucson Show "Schedule"

From: al mitterling <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 08:36:28 -0400

Hi Michael and all,

Let me add to your post if I may. First the Tucson Show is the Tucson Gem
and Mineral Show. It starts January 24th and lasts until February 15th. It
is composed of many shows and the dealers who are there, often are required
to set up and stay for a full three weeks by the show organizers. Some shows
are wholesale only and you need to have a resale number to acquire items. I
think all the meteorite dealers don't require this so you can make purchases
without worry.

During this time many meteorite dealers set up in one form or another. Some
are with the shows that are going on, some walk around and make sales from
their transportation or out of bags they wheel around to avoid paying
expensive show and motel fees. You can call some on cell phones and make
arrangements to see what they have to offer and using the Meteorite Exchange
"Show Guide" they will be prosting is a good way to go.

I agree that if you want to spend a whole week with the most meteorite
dealers present you are best off being there any seven days around and
including Feb 6 & 7. If you plan to attend this show you should have your
motel reservations made if you want to stay in a reasonable place. Best to
all!

--AL Mitterling