[meteorite-list] Space junk - marine life - shame on NASA

From: Mike Bandli <fuzzfoot_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 11:35:19 -0800

This would require a new mission plan and millions of dollars in training
exercises and mock-ups. The tank weighs 1400 lbs and it would have to be
brought in the payload bay. A system would have to be designed and installed
to hold the tank. I forget the figure, but there is a cost per pound in
space flight and it is not cheap. When those payload bay doors open it costs
$$$$$!!

Bottom line: it's not feasible. Burn baby burn.

Mike Bandli