[meteorite-list] Space junk - marine life - shame on NASA

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 11:43:01 -0800 (PST)

no "hip shot" was intended. I was basing my opinions on reports I have read concerning this and as I have said before, I am not as experienced at these things as some of you are and the reports I read made it out to be a major health risk to people if it was a land impact.
that said, I figured the health risk to marine life would have been the same.
I am not out to blast NASA or the atronaut, I just did not understand why they could not have simply returned it in a shuttle that was returning to earth.