[meteorite-list] Tangible assets

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 22:30:12 +0200

Hello Dean,

thank you for your remarks on the market situation - these are always welcome, as I have learned over all those years that, besides you being a dealer, you are also a very good observer! As well as some other insider friends of mine are, who did not yet raise their finger here.

> Of course that just my opinion. Lots of old time collectors have their
> head buried in the sand and believe that all this talk of drop in meteorite
> supply is just marketing by us meteorite dealers. Maybe they will eventually
> be proven right instead of me (Personally I cant see it happening though)

I gladly admit I am one of those "oldtimers", but I have no problems with this, why should I? I have a nice collection at hands, as many of my old time friends have, and no worries, other than may be this or that observation about new distributors of the rare stuff that come along, and pricing affairs: just let?s wait and see how things will evolve down the line, as time goes by - in the long run. No hurries!

Our meteorites don?t care, so why should we? This economical crisis is BAD to almost everyone (...me included, btw!), at least in the world of the more "privileged" persons, who are lucky enough to have a job and an income - the other ones on the planet have much worse problems! Then why not look at it from a more leisurely global perspective of ever changing events in space and time, knowing we are given only one, our life...

Alex
Berlin/Germany