[meteorite-list] From Gary & CJ Foote

From: Charley <cmb62_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 13:21:29 -0400

Hi Gary & CJ,

That is awesome news!

Wish you the best in a speedy recovery!

Best regards,

Charley

"Well, squids don't work. Hey! Let's
  try elephants !"

                    Hannibal

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 16:19:20 -0400
From: "Gary K. Foote" <gary at webbers.com>
Subject: [meteorite-list] From Gary and CJ Foote
To: meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com

I tried sending this to all who helped, but my email program said it failed
for too
many recipients. Yet the mail is no longer in my queue. I hope nobody
minds my
posting it here in thanks to all who participated in the charity auction for
my benefit -
Gary

-----

Dear Friends,

I am writing this email to you [and to all who have helped me deal with my
cancer]
to thank you for your generosity, positive thoughts and prayers during this
recent,
most difficult time of my life. It was you who lifted us up and made it
possible for us
to get through without having to go through bankruptcy, end up homeless, end
up
living in shelters or worse.

There really are no words to express our thanks to you all, but if there
were words
they would be something like this;

"I thank my God upon every rememberance of you, always in every prayer of
mine
making request for you all with joy, for your fellowship in the gospel from
the first
day until now" Phil. 1:3.

Now I know that not all who receive this are believers in Christ, but I will
still keep
you always in every prayer I make to my God, for your joy and health and for
your
fellowship in helping to carry us through our trials.

Today I am cancer free, though I still struggle with the small things, like
sitting
down, riding in a car, digesting food properly, computing for any length of
time and
other physical challenges. I have had three major surgeries since the end
of April so
this is to be expected and to be endured. I plan to once again begin
participating in
the Metlist and I.M.C.A. as time allows me. I still have my work to do,
most of
which is today accomplished while lying down using a specially designed
workspace,
built by a friend in Vermont.

We now live in New Hampshire [once again], close to Dartmouth Hitchcock
Medical
Center. My trips to and from Fletcher Allen in Burlington Vermont were too
much
for me and I had too many negative issues with that facility to continue
there.
Dartmouth is a fine facility with caring staff and ultra-competent surgeons
and
practitioners. My faith in them is far above that for Fletcher Allen in
Vermont.

So know that I am in good hands, recovering a bit each day, and will
eventually
return to near full functionality, perhaps within another year. Until then
and beyond
we will remain ever grateful to you all.

With eternal gratitude we remain;

Your Friends,

Gary K. and C.J. Foote