[meteorite-list] Rocks from Space Picture of the Day -September 4, 2008

From: Dave Gheesling <dave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 21:37:57 -0400

Michael & All,
As a "PS" to that last note, I want to defend Aziz Habibi, from whom I
purchased this stone shortly after it was recovered in the first batch that
Mohammed Zeroual acquired not long after the fall. I have no doubt
whatsoever that this was at least indeed the main mass at that time, and not
even rumors of anything larger surfaced until earlier this year. He did not
tell me what I wanted to hear by any means, as this was simply fact at that
time. For those to whom it is important to acquire main masses (and there
are obviously several collectors in this regard, of which I am one
occasionally), there is an inherent and understood risk of an early
acquisition by virtue of the possibility (even probability) that larger
specimens will later be recovered. It is what it is...
Dave