[meteorite-list] DESERT IRONS / Re: the denver show

From: Darryl Pitt <darryl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 08:15:26 -0400

I respectfully disagree with Mike's comment below.

It would seem to me that the scarcity of desert irons (e.g., the
miniscule total known weight as well as with the paucity of different
events) necessarily results in desert irons being one of the better
bargains of the day. Given the extremely modest supply, I'm
confident in years hence we will wistfully recall we could have
purchased among the last large desert irons for $2-3/g.

Frankly, I'm still smarting over the fact that twenty years ago I
could have purchased even more Gibeons at $18/kg.

Yes, I'm a buyer of desert irons and I will buy more.

All best,

Darryl