[meteorite-list] Zaragoza meteorite

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 23 Sep 2008 21:42:36 UT

Hi Mike and List,

Mike wrote: "I have received confirmation that the Zaragoza meteorite was re-submitted
to the NOMCOM for approval. This meteorite has been under study for nearly two years."

Zaragoza is a very interesting IVA-AN iron. I own a 14.8-gram rectangular slice with two
troilite inclusions - one of them is elongated. Maybe it is one of those unidentified Fe-Cr
sulfides mentioned in the write-up Mike presented.

The interesting thing about Zaragoza is that even if specimens are expertly etched, which
my slice definitely is, you can hardly recognize the Widmanst?tten pattern. It is there but
you can only see it vaguely unless the lighting is favorable or you'll have to view it under
a microscope. Maybe it's because of its high Ni content?! Such a subtle thing!!!

Viva Espagna,
Viva Zaragoza!

Bernd