[meteorite-list] Dealers posting eBay auction announcements

From: Michael Gilmer <michael_w_gilmer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 16:59:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi folks!

I didn't mean to start a debate or to make anyone feel uncomfortable. When I first signed up for the list,
I don't recall whether or not I was asked to receive singles or digests. I am also a member of a few Yahoo
groups and I get digests for those, so I assume I signed up for the digest here on the Met list as well.

But now that I go digging back about 12 months through my old saved emails, trying to locate my
Met List registration confirmation (which typically includes URL's to log in and change your preferences),
I can't find it. I went to the parent website of this list and didn't see any link or way to change it there.
So I am just wondering how I go about changing my preference from digest to individual emails, because I
would like to do so now. I've missed out on quite a few batches of auctions because I was asleep at the
wheel and didn't get the email until hours or a day later.

Paul H. kindly sent me this helpful link - http://www.meteorite.com/meteorites-for-sale.htm

And that is a great help which I had forgotten about, but not all of the occasional sellers are on there. There
are several list members who hold infrequent sales from time to time, and some of those are the ones where
I really feel I missed out.

BTW, if anyone on this list has a lot of tiny Tatahouine fragments they'd like to sell, in the neighborhood
of $30, please email me offlist at mike at galactic-stone.com

Best regards,

MikeG

Michael Gilmer (Louisiana, USA)
Member of the Meteoritical Society.
Member of the Bayou Region Stargazers Network.
Websites - http://www.galactic-stone.com and http://www.glassthrower.com
MySpace - http://www.myspace.com/fine_meteorites_4_sale