[meteorite-list] Dealers posting eBay auction announcements

From: michael cottingham <mikewren_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 11:48:12 -0600

Hello,

I try and do just that, multiple postings. Life is busy and extremely filled
up for most us, so I for one REALLY appreciate multiple postings and
reminders. I don't resent it like some list members do and I personally want
to know what is for sale and to be reminded that auctions are ending.

Sometimes, emails get delayed or don't make it through at all, so multiple
postings in my opinion are good. You know deleting an email is lot less work
than sorting through the ebay meteorite section looking for something to add
to one's collection. Some of us are very active buyers, sellers and
collectors and I believe most of us appreciate the extra AD notices.

I try and give a heads up auction for the week, and if I do a second one mid
week, maybe I will have a sale or something interesting to note and finally
one for the day the auctions are ending. I, as well as every other dealer
out there, know for a fact that these announcements matter.

There is no way I am going to put a $500.00 specimen out on ebay for 0.99
cents, without multiple announcements for the week. I am not in the business
to give meteorites away for nothing.

I hope this helps some....

Best Wishes

Michael Cottingham