[meteorite-list] Rocks from Space Picture of the Day - December 9, 2009

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 01:40:05 -0800

Hello Richard, Gary, All,

Thanks! I had four short days at home for Thanksgiving break, so we
planned accordingly, leaving the family dinner at a reasonable hour so
we could spend the Friday out in the desert. I didn't get a wink
sleep that night for some reason, but still wasn't too tired the next
day. It was one of the finest hunting days I can recall, with
temperatures at about freezing in the morning, but by noon, upwards of
70F. Peter and I each walked easily twenty miles as we didn't once
take a break - and drove very little throughout the course of the day.

It should be noted - that's a photo of Peter. The slightly odd thing
about our find photos is that I'm almost exclusively pictured in the
real-film photos and Peter's just about the only person in the digital
photos, because his camera uses film and mine is digital. My personal
favorite is this one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cameteoritefinder/2573329463/

- I snagged a photo of him taking a picture of me, but the focus...it
turned out better than I could have hoped.
At any rate, thank you for the kind feedback. I've been trying to do
what I can with the point and shoot cameras and typically fairly drab
in-situ photos.
Thanks Again,
Jason