[meteorite-list] Ordinary chondrites - rarest to the most common classes

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 20:21:19 -0500

Hello List,

In keeping with the current discussion on uncommon common chondrites,
I would like to announce that I have my first official classification
underway. The paperwork has been submitted to the MS for a NWA
number.

The meteorite in question is the same small stone that I suspected was
a CR2 type, and I posted some photos to the List asking for advice.

Well, I sent a sample to UCLA for classification and the results are
back. It is an LL3.6 chondrite. :)

I will post more information about it when the classification is
complete. Unfortunately for collectors, very little will be available
on the open market. I am keeping a small slice, selling a tiny end
cut, and the rest of the mass was donated to the UCLA collection for
study.

I'm at the hospital currently, so I don't have access to the photos
stored on my own laptop.

Best regards,

MikeG