[meteorite-list] Ordinary chondrites - rarest to the most common classes

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 01:09:11 +0100

Hi Doug,

never I'd dare so. It was only an observation.
In former times there weren't 3.05 etc and as you know, we frequently give
type-3s in classification. Some classifier make decimal places, some not or
not yet.

Neither I had said something about the rareness.
And I fully agree about the pleasure to take a bath in as pristine
chondrules as thinkable.

My observation was a simple quantifying one.

No time, to harvest the database (I'm currently waiting to be on the road,
but due blizzards roads in half of the country of my destination are
closed).

But I suppose, that half of the type-3s weren't checked yet more detailed,
so that we can hope for more extremely unequilibrated ones!

(Especially if you keep in mind, that there is almost no meteorite with name
nor with an Antarctic number, which couldn't be rivalled by a hot desert
find, concerning the sole material).

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
(But not exactly now!!)

Martin