[meteorite-list] Steve Arnold (Elgin). Man of his word.

From: GeoZay at aol.com <GeoZay_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 16:39:46 EST

>> I agree with your assessment. Chicago Steve may be a little odd, but
who of us isn't. I have gotten a couple of free meteorites from him and I'm
thankful to Steve for that. Instead of his constant complaints about
someone like Steve, who has a child like quality to him in his quest to bring
joy to others with his give aways, Bill should try doing likewise. Perhaps
he should buy a bunch of inexpensive NWAs and just give them away to school
children and perhaps his neighbors. I've done this and believe me, seeing
the excitment in these people when they hold their first meteorite in
their hands is worth the time and money I spent. <<

Maybe Steve's generosity is a little infectious...I too have found myself
giving away meteorites to people that I think would appreciate them.
Usually neighbors, other relatives and friends. I'm sure others have done the
same. By condeming such practices of those who do this is only shooting
yourself in the long term foot if you are a dealer.
GeoZay