[meteorite-list] fireball over Southern AZ

From: Mark Bowling <minador_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 18:00:27 -0800 (PST)

Hi Anne,

You mean Tucson doesn't make the list?? ;-)

Places in the USA outside of Alaska with freezing temperatures, of 32 ?F or less, on 180 or more days a year:

Location Days Freezing per Year
Mt. Washington, New Hampshire 242
Alamosa, Colorado 227
Ely, Nevada 218
Flagstaff, Arizona 208
Burns, Oregon 205
International Falls, Minnesota 197
Elko, Nevada 193
Marquette, Michigan 192
Kalispell, Montana 189
Williston, North Dakota 189
Caribou, Maine 186
Winnemucca, Nevada 186
Bismarck, North Dakota 186
Sheridan, Wyoming 185
Duluth, Minnesota 183
Lander, Wyoming 183
Casper, Wyoming 181
Missoula, Montana 180
Milford, Utah 180

Anyways, my cousin said he saw it on Sunday night. I'll see if he has any further details.

Mark