[meteorite-list] New Year's Greetings + "Meteorite Men" News

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 06:36:11 -0700

Dear Listees:

2009 was a great year for meteorites! Congrats to all the researchers,
hunters, collectors, dealers and accidental finders who helped recover
so many new space rocks.

Steve and I have wrapped up our last expedition of the year, and we
have good news about "Meteorite Men" the series. The first of six new
one-hour episodes will premiere on Science Channel on Wednesday,
January 20 at 9 pm Eastern, immediately before the new season premiere
of "Mantracker." Our friends at Discovery Networks have produced two
promo trailers for the show. The first, "Legend," began airing last
night on Science. It includes some clips from the show, some great
animation, and unveils our cool new logo. The second spot, "Crater,"
was filmed less than two weeks ago in Nevada, and will debut tomorrow.

For those of you who don't get Science Channel, our pilot episode will
air on January 19 on Discovery, and that's exciting news for us. No
info yet about an international release, but it'll happen.

If you'd like to be kept in the loop regarding the latest "Meteorite
Men" news, please connect with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MeteoriteMen
    I regularly post updates along with exclusive behind-the-scenes
location photos.

Wishing everyone all the best for a great start to 2010 and I'm
looking forward to seeing many of you in sunny Tucson in just a few
weeks.

Cheers,

Geoff

www.aerolite.org