[meteorite-list] Birthday Bash

From: MeteorHntr at aol.com <MeteorHntr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 02:33:38 EST

Hello All,

I just wanted to drop a note to say "thanks" to everyone who came to the
party last night.

If it wasn't for the great turnout each year, Geoff and I would still have
fun, but it wouldn't be the same.

Friends of mine, back in the real world, get a kick out of it when I tell
them I have to go to Tucson each year to have my birthday party with 100 of my
closest friends. I don't expect them to understand, but I try to explain how
cool it is to hang out with you guys who schedule the party into your busy
and valuable weekend. Then my friends seem to get a bit jealous they can't
get out to join all of us for the festivities.

Of course, all of you who attend are in on the little secret that the party
is only around 2% about it being Geoff's and my birthday, and closer to 98%
about the chance for all of us to get to hang out and talk space rocks for a
few hours in the middle of the greatest few days of the meteorite year.

After dinner tonight with Geoff, we were talking about how fortunate we are
to have the friends we do, and trust me, it is OUR HONOR to be able to host
the annual event.

A special thanks goes out to all you shutter bugs who take the time to snap
and then share some of the better photos of the event.

For those of you who couldn't make it out this year, I hope you can all make
it next year, where we hope it will be even better than this year.

You all are greatly appreciated!

Steve Arnold #1
Birthday Boy #2

steps!