[meteorite-list] Texas fireball question --plus Radar Photos

From: Mr EMan <mstreman53_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 01:10:20 -0800 (PST)

Mike, The direction, based on weather radar echoes, was roughly South East to West by North West.

Here is a link to a TV Station blog what shows the two screens( high and lower altitude) from each of the two radars at KVUE and KFWS. The meteoroid/ionized train echo was the only echo in the sky in the area at the time. The left most images, I believe, suggests an echo reflection "post fragmentation" based on the spread.

<http://www.beloblog.com/KVUE_Blogs/weatherblog/2009/02/meteor-captured-on-radar.html>

Elton