[meteorite-list] Meteorite hunters flock to West area

From: David Pensenstadler <dfpens01_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 14:13:30 -0800 (PST)

Mike, Moritz, Robert, Shauna, and others:

Great work.

I was wondering whether this fall is on private, city, or government property, and who actually owns the finds. Since Mike posted that this is all farm country I inferred that it is all private property. If so, do you guys always get permission to hunt the property? Do the property owners get anything in return for their permission to hunt?

With so many people arriving to hunt, it seems that this could be a concern by some hunters if not all people know the proper procedures for hunting on various types of property.

Just wondering.

Dave