[meteorite-list] Northwest Africa Falls - Question

From: RJP <yellowengine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 19:31:36 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

Ok Folks,

I am curious to know why there are so many witnessed (recovered) meteorite falls in Northwest Africa as opposed to anywhere else in the world. Is there a good logical and/or scientifc explanation for this?.. or just a coincidence? I understand that some "falls" simply turn out to be a case of Nomadic lies in an attempt to liquidate (recycle) old material, but what about the others? Perhpas it has something to do with it's geographical location in relation to..?
And yes, I do understand these people spend countless hours outdoors, in the desert, ect. but..

What are your thoughts?

Ryan