[meteorite-list] ? meteorite education lecture for high school kids

From: Bob WALKER <qwalkra_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 07:04:06 +1000

Listoids

I'm in the same boat as Pete

One of the "local" astronomy clubs run by one of the teachers at a high
school for senior students has tracked me down and invited me to give a
presentation to the students on meteorites

Its always good to encourage the kritters and perhaps it will be the
stimulus for some of them to go on and study science...

I'm tacking away at a powerpoint presentation and I seem to recall that some
listoids had put together similar talks...

Can listoids contact me off-list re a draft on wot they have presented just
to make sure I am sailing in the right direction - my powerpoint
presentation so far has interesting facts and figures - an overview of
classification and some snippets on how to identify a meteorite and I have
to tack away a bit more on the page detailing how astronomy and meteorites
coincide...

Tis a shame over here - Queensland Museum has very little in terms of an
outreach program or loan display and an evening presentation does not suit
them so I will go it alone

And if any listoid can loan an un-named largish NWA with largish easy to
see chondrules - well that would be great - I'll take along some Tenhams and
other Queensland chondrites and some meteorwrongs

Ciao