[meteorite-list] Fw: Re: Arizona fall

From: Mark Bowling <minador_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 18:50:37 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Sun, 7/5/09, Martin Altmann <altmann at meteorite-martin.de> wrote:

> So - let's handle the case more pragmactically:
> Let Schrader, Farmer & Co. save the stones first and
> the strewnfield data,
> before we hang them for the crime to have recovered a new
> pristine fall for
> science and a fall of historical dimensions for the State
> of Arizona.
>
> Anybody else here, who feels the absurdity the same way
> like me?
> Martin

Reminds me of that poem Lawyers & Experts.

It finishes
"And all the famous fight who saw
Beheld, with mingled pride and awe,
What science breeds when crossed with law."

It's law (& politics) - it doesn't mean it makes sense or ends pretty. But I don't see anything happening to them. To me they are providing a valuable service. Only time will tell.