[meteorite-list] Donating Almahata Sitta to Richard Kowalski

From: Richard Kowalski <damoclid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 13:03:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,

I've gotten a few emails on this, so maybe a public post is in order.

I have decided to remain silent on the issue on my own list, but since I'm still rather unknown in this field and on this list, I'll make a short comment.

I have known Herbert for over a decade and this effort is legitimate. Questions should be addressed to Herbert directly. More details can be seen by reading the thread from today about this on the MPML site:

To be clear, I did not initiate or have anything to do with this, but I do very much appreciate the efforts and donations being made on my behalf by MPML list members and others. I also appreciate the efforts of several other meteorite hunters I am aware of who have attempted to get into the Sudan to obtain specimens, but were denied visas.

Thanks

--
Richard Kowalski
http://fullmoonphotography.net