[meteorite-list] yada yada yada and scooby doo

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 15:37:20 -0700 (PDT)

While I dont care for multiple ads per week on a regular basis, I dont care for all this spam about the spam even more!

I have said it before and I will say it again - The ONLY way for this issue to be resolved is for the owner (Art) to step in and say one of three things:
1. no ads at all.
2. one ad per week only and failure to follow the rules will result in....
3. no more one ad per week rule.

The results... (how I think it would go)
#1 I am willing to bet the list will lose members who really only seem to post to use the forum as an advertising method. It would also take away from the list a great deal.
#2 would work.
#3 a crap shoot - even more spam ads then we have now, but less people complaining about the breaking of the ad rule.

Its tough times right now for alot of people, perhaps this is why they seem to break the list rules on ads.
When selling meteorites is all they do to make a living, they really need to get the "word out" as much as possible.

It all comes back to the list rules which state ONE ad per week.

Honestly, I would rather get 100 ads from Mike (or anyone else for that matter)per week then all these negative posts that seem to be taking over this list - I have interest in the meteorites, not the drama.

Since others are calling on Art, I will also.

Art, Please step in and make it clear your feelings on this ad rule issue. Failure to do so will only result in this great (sometimes) list you created to continue to spiral down this nasty path it is heading.

Greg C.