[meteorite-list] The tale of a falling star

From: Mexicodoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 19:37:02 -0400

Zelimir wrote:

"Didn't you forget Winona ?"

Hello Zelimir !!!!!!

Thanks, You have a great sense of humor :-)

Yes, everyone from the Rolling Stones to Disney is now reminding me,

"DON'T FORGET WINONA!"

How careless of me, in honor the Route 66, and the Mother Road to
ancient ruins with meteorites, like the song, Winona may be out of
sequence, but not forgotten..., but the crown jewel of ancient ruins as
shown in Zelimir's great link...
http://sped2work.tripod.com/elden.html

Hopefully the road to Ensisheim is easier than whats left of '66,

Kind wishes,
Doug

PS: If you don't know the song, get hip with this timely tip, if you
ever plan to Motor West to go meteorite hunting. Nininger was right..

My favorite rendition:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT1rPSGeJ38

Here is a picture of the old bridge at Winona when "Don't forget
Winona" is sung:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbCdiWZP3Wk

And here are three more:
for the oldersters:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBmr5EuwCEQ

youngersters
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tpjKYe0Big

and anyone whole likes Spanish Argentine girls:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plvMedxlc-A

PPS, In honor of the town of Winona (I've already sent the Nininger
correction to the webmaster abou it being Nininger's and not
Barringer's museum) here is a fine history of the settement that gave
the legendary meteorite its name.
http://www.legendsofamerica.com/AZ-BeyondWinslow.html

=0