[meteorite-list] AD - Martian, Lunar, Vestan & Ensisheim

From: Norbert Classen <riffraff_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 01:04:38 +0200

Dear List Members,

I rarely sold anything during the last two years, but in anticipation of the
upcoming Ensisheim show, and also in order to raise some additional funds
for Ensisheim and Ste. Marie I thought I might have a small pre-Ensisheim
sale. This sale includes four small but exceptional samples: a rare small
Martian individual, a most KREEPy lunar sample, a weird piece of Vesta, and
- last but not least - a genuine slice of the Thunderstone of Ensisheim with
a fantastic surface to weight ratio. Here you go:

Dar al Gani 1037, olivine-orthopyroxene-phyric shergottite (Martian)
TKW: 4.01kg, Libya 1999
Specimen for sale: a 1.886g individual (~20x12x5mm)
Price: 750 US$ (~400 $/g)
Pictures:
http://www.meteoris.de/special/DaG1037-1.886g.jpg
http://www.meteoris.de/special/DaG1037-1.886r.jpg

This is one of the smallest complete stones from the Dar al Gani
strewnfield, offered at a great price way below market value. Compare the
prices on the web, and consider the premium of a small complete stone.

Dhofar 1442, KREEP-rich regolith breccia (lunar)
TKW: ~125g, Oman 2005
Specimen for sale: a 0.680g partslice (~20x10x1.2mm)
Price: 680 US$ (1000 $/g)
Pictures:
http://www.meteoris.de/special/Dho1442-0.68g.jpg
http://www.meteoris.de/special/Dho1442-0.68r.jpg

Additional info on Dhofar 1442 (at Randy Korotev's site):
http://meteorites.wustl.edu/lunar/stones/dhofar1442.htm

This lunar is even more Thorium-rich than the regolith portion of SaU 169,
and contains 0.72 weight percent potassium (K) oxide, making it an
exceptionally KREEPy sample that most probably originates from the lunar
nearside, i.e. from the Procellarum region that was also the target of the
Apollo missions. So you won't get much nearer to the stuff locked away with
NASA, especially since SaU 169 is also unavailable to private collectors.
Considering the low TKW, and zero availability (this stuff is longsince sold
out with the finders) I believe this to be an ecxeptional offer.

NWA 4890 (provisional), unbrecciated eucrite
TKW: 76g, Morocco 2006
Specimen for sale: a 0.98g partslice (~20x9x2mm)
Price: 60 US$ (~60 $/g)
Pictures:
http://www.meteoris.de/special/NWA4890-0.98g.jpg
http://www.meteoris.de/special/NWA4890-0.98r.jpg

I originally purchased a larger slice of this unusual unbrecciated eucrite
from Chladni's Heirs who are longsince sold out of this material nicknamed
"Digoult" because it was first considered to be another individual of the
Agoult eucrite - until it was cut and revealed a typical Agoult-like sugary
and fine-grained lithology, and a second, distinct, and more coarse-grained
lithology. Unfortunatelly, this partslice broke off of my sample along a
natural crack, and so it's now up for sale at about the same price I once
paid for it. And I believe it's worth every penny.

Ensisheim, LL6 breccia
TKW: 127kg, fell Nov. 7, 1492
Specimen for sale: 0.358g partslice (~17x10x1mm)
Price: 100 US$ (~300 $/g)
Pictures:
http://www.meteoris.de/special/Ensisheim-0.358g.jpg
http://www.meteoris.de/special/Ensisheim-0.358r.jpg

I guess I don't need to introduce this one. This marvellous this slice comes
with a signed CoA from a well-known French meteorite dealer, and has a
fabulous surface to weight ratio.

1500 US$ for all four specimens. I'm also accepting offers during the next
48 hours, but I expect everything to be sold out much faster.

First come, first served. Immediate payment via PayPal required (but please
don't send funds until you received a sale confirmation). Alternatively, I
accept immediate bank wire transfer from German residents, or cash (and
delivery) at the Ensisheim show. Registered shipping is free (airmail,
worldwide). Offers are valid for 48 hours - what isn't sold will accompany
me to Ensisheim.

Let's rock, and hope to see you in Ensisheim, and/or Ste. Marie, soon.

All the best,
Norbert Classen
IMCA #7606