[meteorite-list] Franconia Victory

From: Erik Fisler <erikfwebb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 17:06:31 -0700

I met up with Nate at Franconia Thursday morning for a few days of hunting.
He showed me his 100+ gram L chondrite he found on the southside and it really blew me
away! What a large L and it is just gorgeous. Here is a picture of it:
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e145/phxerik/?action=view&current=a6.jpg

We hunted the southside for two days looking for large Franconia's, Buck Mountain's, and
small Palo Verde and Buck Mountain L's. We didn't find anything but it was
easy hunting.
    My Dad drove up and hunted with us saturday and sunday on the north side and we managed
to find an unhunted patch and pulled out some very nice finds. Here are the finds
from our little patch:
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e145/phxerik/?action=view&current=cIMG_2654.jpg

Here are our totals

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e145/phxerik/?action=view&current=EriksTotal.jpg
Erik's 248 grams (127g, 38.8g, 13.5g, 12.4g, 3.1g & 2.4g)

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e145/phxerik/?action=view&current=DadsTotal.jpg
Ben's 383.5 grams (191.4g, 156.9g, 10.2g, 25g)

Here are some cool pictures I snapped on the trip with my new Canon XSI.
The 14 bit processor in it really takes in good color and gradiation =]

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e145/phxerik/?action=view&current=cIMG_2533.jpg
artsy desert pavement picture

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e145/phxerik/?action=view&current=cIMG_2561.jpg
Nate fisheyed haha

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e145/phxerik/?action=view&current=cIMG_2580.jpg
Awesome Sunset! 3 second exposure.

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e145/phxerik/?action=view&current=cIMG_2626.jpg
Moon Rise with my Fisheye! 10 second exposure.

[Erik]