[meteorite-list] Fwd: Age of Man

From: Michael Fowler <mqfowler_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 13:50:24 -0500

If you read an article in a tabloid that stated that a human had
successfully mated with a pig, would you immediately say that proves
that everything we know about genetics is wrong?

If an internet web site claims a 360 million year old fossil human
skull with no way to verify the claim, why would any one immediately
question all we know about the evolution of mammals, primates, and
yes, even humans?

Mike Fowler
Chicago

PS My father was an archaeologist who early on taught me to question
absurd claims, with no evidence to back them up.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/obituaries/32549639.html