[meteorite-list] Age of Man

From: Michael Fowler <mqfowler_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 22:27:19 -0500

Hi Sterling,

It is a rare day that I ever have anything to add to your eloquent and
informative posts, let alone disagree, but here goes......

Steen-McIntyre's dating as mentioned in the wikipedia link you
supplied as well as everywhere else on the web is 250,000 years ago.

The dating of the ash layer that is below (and therefore younger than
her finds) is 40,000 years ago. (also from the link you provided)

I could not disagree more when you say they get the same dating she
does.

Sincerely,

Mike Fowler
Chicago

additional link with a fairly balanced view: http://books.google.com/books?id=jWgZPz6oXSwC&pg=PA106&lpg=PA106&dq=Hueyatlaco&source=bl&ots=rAPBgltpZU&sig=1BX2HlTLv9PDQzk5AJMGc1CnEQ4&hl=en&ei=vVM8Su_BBcOEtwfTtYUB&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4